#1. Know your ideal client – on a deep, deep level.
If you go to the masses with your product/service and hope for the best, you’ll get nowhere, fast. To make a sale, you need to understand who you’re selling to. For your customers to know, like and trust you, they need to feel like you get them know their pain points, their fears, their hopes and dreams. Only then will they listen to what you have to say. Speaking directly to the hearts and minds of your ideal client starts with knowing what’s going on inside them.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What do my clients want?
- What are they afraid of?
- How can I create the outcomes they’re looking for?
- What’s my story?
- What do I give a sh$t about?
- What lessons have I learned?
- What solutions can I offer?
- Why should anyone care?
#2. Own your voice and LOVE what you have to say.
There’s nobody better than you, more equipped, knowledgeable or passionate than you, to talk about what you do – you’re the BEST person for the job. So, why doubt yourself? You know more about your product/service than anybody else. In fact, you know it inside out, and guess what? Your ideal client wants to know all about it. So, tell them! Don’t just read from a word-for-word script, they can come across fake and salesy… spew. When you speak from the heart, you send out magnetic vibes that demand attention. Your energy will be contagious and cause a ripple effect. So, have a call to action and don’t be scared to say it – after all, you are simply offering a solution to the problem your ideal client is facing.
#3. Top Tips!
- Be responsive, two-way communication is the whole idea of social media!
- Engage with your customers, ask them questions and seek their opinions. A good place to start is by sharing something yourself.
- Don’t make them wait. If someone reaches out to you, interact with them. Answer their questions and like their comments and posts. If they’ve messaged you, message back the same day.
- Turn a negative into a positive. If someone isn’t happy, acknowledge their feedback and thank them for it – in the thread – and then clearly summarise the next steps and take it offline. Message them personally to work it out and help them.
- Communicate and engage with similar pages, and those that share the same or similar target markets on Facebook and Instagram every week by liking, commenting and sharing posts.
- Request to follow people on Instagram who follow similar pages. Just don’t be spammy. Be genuine – are they your ideal client?
- Like and comment on Facebook and Instagram posts that your target market follow.