#1. Say hello to video.
Fun fact – the average attention span is 8 seconds. Now, compare the level of impact you can make using video in that short time, versus your standard social media post. People often forget that behind every smart phone or laptop, there’s a real human – yup, a person, and guess what? People buy from people. You need to get visible and start showing up. Nervous? We all are at the beginning. Get comfortable by doing a few practice runs first. Remember, be conversational, use good lighting and don’t try to be someone you’re not, just be your fabulous self!
#2. Headlines are heroes!
The average person spends three hours a day on social media. Imagine the amount of information you’re exposed to on a daily basis, that’s a lot of mindless scrolling. Do you remember the last post that caught your attention? What was it that made you stop? Unless it was a hilarious cat video, I’m going to bet it was a headline that made you cringe, question, cry, condemn or carry on about. When you come across that one sentence that makes you pause and catch your breath, you consume whatever it is – that’s marketing for you. Whether you hate it or relate to it, it’s worked, and thanks to the algorithms of today, the search engines of the world know you stopped to look at it. If you want your ideal client to sit up and pay attention to what you have to say, then you need a heroic headline for every post you publish, especially for videos. Unless you have a cat, A really funny one.
#3. Groups are gold.
Imagine being surrounded by your ideal client… they want to see what you’re up to and hear what you have to say – more importantly, they want to talk back to you and show you what they’re up to. This is the beauty of a Facebook group. When people join your gang it’s because they want to be involved and feel connected to what you’re doing. If done right, these online communities create the sense of belonging your clients crave.
- Every time you post, group members get a notification.
- You can create events.
- You can tag people.
- You can create polls – we’re talking real time feedback and focus groups.
- Simplifying the crap out of customer research!
- You can have a watch party – post a live or pre-recorded video and the gang can like and comment on it at the same time – it’s all about creating a shared viewing experience.
- Peeps can ask for recommendations – encouraging members to chat with each other and promote each other, how’s that for sharing the love?!
- It’s a hub for you to upload, share and store your videos and photos – making it easy to educate and inspire your tribe!
- Have clear group guidelines.
- The pinned post is the first thing your followers will see, so make it bloody exciting and have the most important information in there.
- Be visible and show up regularly – I promise live videos are not that scary once you get the hang of them!
- Post often, but not for the sake of posting, be purposeful, no boring sh$t.
- Use the feeling option, drop emoji’s and connect with your group on an emotional level – people want to see that you’re human.
- Take note of the insights (only you can see them) to see what posts get a reaction and which ones get ignored.